Brooklyn Municipal Liability Lawyer

Brooklyn Municipal Liability Lawyer

How to respond to a construction injury

If you are an injured construction worker, you probably are staring down serious medical issues, pain, missed work and steep medical bills. Fortunately, there is protection for you. However, you have to know what the best option is for you.

Your biggest decision will be going with workers’ comp or a third-party lawsuit. The best option depends on the specifics of your case. That also means the specifics of your injury. Here is more on how to respond to a construction injury.

Common types of construction hazards

People in the construction industry face a lot of different dangers. Some of the most common hazards that you could face are:

  • Falling
  • Trench collapses
  • Collapsed scaffolding
  • Electric shock
  • Failing to use protective gear

Any of these can leave you with noticeable or unnoticeable injuries that you need to address.

Workers’ comp benefits

Almost every employer has to have workers’ comp benefits. If you sustain an injury at work, for any reason, this is usually the best course of action to get coverage.

Third-party lawsuits

If someone who was not your employer caused the accident that left you injured, you can file a lawsuit against them. For example, if an architect overseeing the project was negligent, you could sue them. If a tool or machine was defective, you could probably sue the manufacturer.

If a work-related task injured you, you need to take action. That means determining the best course of action, gathering evidence, moving your accident claim forward and negotiating a settlement.