Last week, the world lost one of its true great leaders, a visionary, an activist, and a man who defeated racial barriers.
Nelson Mandela, South Africa’s first black president, Nobel Prize winner, and anti-Apartheid icon, passed away at age 95.
Few people in history have had such an influential impact on racial relations in the world as Mandela did, and we should all be thankful for his determination, perseverance, and selflessness.
To pay tribute to Mandela,Forbes recently collected quotes from the president’s life, demonstrating the influence, wisdom, and value he saw in his lifetime. We have relayed some of those quotes below, and hope you grasp their deep truths and meaning as you reflect on the life of Nelson Mandela.
- I learned courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it.The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
- Difficulties break some men but make others. No axe is sharp enough to cut the soul of a sinner who keeps on trying, one armed with the hope that he will rise even in the end.
- Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
- Money won’t create success, the freedom to make it will.
- A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
- When people are determined they can overcome anything.
Let us not forget the life of Nelson Mandela, and let us all learn form his actions as South Africa’s first president. If you have any memories of Mandela, please share them with the Law Offices of David J. Hernandez & Associates by tweeting them to @DJHernandezLaw or sharing them on our Facebook page.