New York Birth Defects Lawyers
Doctors, nurses, surgeons, and other medical professionals are expected to adhere to a standard of care for the procedure or service they provide. Failure to do so is negligence. When dealing with something as critical as medical care or health the health of a person, an instance of negligence can change someone's life forever. At the Law Offices of David J. Hernandez & Associates, our medical malpractice attorneys pursue accountability for medical negligence which causes serious injury, birth defects, or wrongful death. Contact our attorneys for a free case analysis.
Holding Medical Professionals Accountable
If substandard medical care causes serious injury or death, the medical professional or medical facility may be held liable. The medical malpractice attorneys at the Law Offices of David J. Hernandez & Associates thoroughly investigate the accident, consult with medical experts, and determine if medical negligence contributed to our clients' injuries.
- Birth injuries and birth defects: What was the cause of birth defects? Did birth defects result from the negligence of the physician? Did the physician fail to monitor fetal strips or fail to perform a timely C-Section?
- Surgical errors and surgical mistakes: Did a surgeon's negligence during surgery result in further damage or injury? Did a scalpel slip cause a spliced nerve or organ? Did improper medical procedure result in foreign instruments being left in the body? Was excessive anesthesia used resulting in overdose?
- Misdiagnosis and failure to diagnose: Did a cancer misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis result in a terminal illness that could have been treatable? Did a wrongful misdiagnosis result in unnecessary surgery?
- Emergency room errors: Did the emergency room staff fail to recognize symptoms of a heart attack, stroke, or other life threatening medical condition? Did emergency room physicians perform adequate diagnostic testing? Could the conditions have been preventable?
- Nursing home neglect and abuse: Did insufficient staffing, overcrowding, inadequate training, or other factors result in injuries or wrongful death of a nursing home resident? Did patients suffer from untreated bed sores, serious fractures from falls, or other serious injuries?
Our attorneys aggressively investigate and analyze medical malpractice cases. We utilize all means necessary to hold doctors accountable for medical errors and recover compensation on behalf of our clients. While we recognize financial recovery will not eliminate the physician's wrongdoing, it may prevent future incidents from occurring. In addition, financial recovery may alleviate the strains our clients endure as a result of lost wages, medical expenses, and other challenges.
When medical malpractice results in serious birth defects, anesthesia overdose, or delayed diagnosis of cancer, the lawyers at Law Offices of David J. Hernandez & Associates are here to fight for you. Contact our New York City law firm today to discuss your case.